On June 22, Kathy & I celebrated our
On a beautiful Saturday back in 1985, we were married at St. Marks Lutheran Church in Mt. Prospect and had a great reception at, of all places, The Holiday Inn, Rolling Meadows.
We had met in 1983 and within a week or 2 I knew I wanted to marry her. She was everything anyone would want in a partner... Funny, Smart, Kind, Caring and drop dead Gorgeous.
I remember a time in 1983 after a month of dating, she had left a jacket in my brand new Pontiac Grand Prix. I remember that the jacket smelled of her and I said to myself - "This is the one."
We got engaged in 1984 when I proposed at the Prime Table restaurant in Rolling Meadows with many family & friends there to be with us. We have been blessed with 4 great kids, good health, steady employment and a great circle of family and friends.
So as I look back on the 25 years of being married to Kathy, I can distinctly remember an event from every year, that made me love her even more throughout our adventure to date. The pictures to the right co-incide with the list below, so follow along with my memories of the love of my life, Kathy Jo.....
- 1985 - Blown Away By how beautiful she looked on our Wedding Day
- 1986 - The Birth Of Bryan Rodley Johnson
- 1987 - The Excitement of buying our 1st Home together in Rolling Meadows
- 1988 - The Birth of Benjamin Russell Johnson
- 1989 - Watching Her Tend To Her Mom Following Her Hip surgery
- 1990 - The Birth Of Brett Richard Johnson
- 1991 - Even though she was laughing -watching her scold the older 2 after shooting Brettie in the head with a rubber dart.
- 1992 - The Birth Of Bradley Robert Kennedy Eisenhower Johnson
- 1993 - Watching her put her roots into our house that she will never leave
- 1994 - Thinking that I've got the best looking mother of 4 on the planet
- 1995 - Breaking the sad news to Kathy that her mother had passed
- 1996 - The Limo ride coming back from the Hotel Nikko
- 1997 - Taking her to London for the 1st time
- 1998 - The Best Vacation Ever - Summer In Europe
- 1999 - Watching Her excited anticipation to enter the Marks & Spencers on Oxford Street
- 2000 - Surprising Her With A Trip To NYC for Our 15th Anniversary
- 2001 - Hearing Her Scream when I thought She Had Fallen Under the Hayride Wheels
- 2002 - Getting Re-married in Vegas By Elvis With All the kids
- 2003 - Christmas In Hawaii
- 2004 - Comforting My Dad After His Stroke and Tending To Him Until His Death
- 2005 - Celebrating my 50th with us watching the Rolling stones from the 1st row in Washington DC
- 2006 - Seeing the tears in her eyes as she watched her Bryan walk away from her to college
- 2007 - Just the 2 of us enjoying a trip to Washington to see Ricky's wedding
- 2008 - Watching Her race The Beanie Baby horses on Sanibel
- 2009 - Tears Of Joy As She Watches Bryan Graduate College
- 2010 - Feeling Awed By how Beautiful she still is after all these years.
Thanks for the best 25 years of My life Kathy.
I love You